NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

painted black

todd8137

hi all well i painted the secondary mirror i toyed with the idea for ages,and took it out the 12" and set to it panic set in when it came to putting it all back together,but it worked a treat stuck every thing in ruler measured the spider vanes played about with it for 10 mins got the cheshire out all is good had a look last night the moon was sooooooooo bright as well ,star test confirmed every thing was good in fact its the best have ever got it pic below

Absolutely! I had that when I first tried to repair a laptop. It had developed an intermittent power connector which eventually failed completely. The fix was easy but taking it all apart to actually get to the root of the problem definitely wasn't! I've repaired that old laptop several times now and don't worry any more :( At about 11 years old, it's still running 24/7, running my weather station software and uploading data to my web site.

I might take my little scope apart to change the focus to allow me to use my DSLR at prime focus. Unless I can get hold of a large image sensor separately and make my own adapter (as I mentioned in another thread).

Archived