Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

showcase of unprocessed screen grabs

garethmob

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These shots don't use a telescope - just the zoom lens I bought to go with the SCB-4000 for wide-angled viewing. The first picture was before I realised you need to turn off dynamic noise reduction, because it tries to delete stars.

These shots are from a VERY light polluted sky. You could see only a few stars with the naked eye. As you can see, the camera reveals many more.

Shot 1: Cassiopea (upper left) with Andromeda Galaxy (middle of right-hand half of picture). Note that the tree appears illuminated - due to infra-red - rather than being sillouetted against the sky.

2011_8_24_23_40_57.bmp

Shot 2: Part of Cepheus - guess the lines! - get the corner orientation from the notable triple-star asterism in the top-left of the image, near to a Cepheus corner-star. If you know Cepheus, you'll know what I mean :(

2011_8_25_0_12_45.bmp

Similar view of the above area in Cartes du Ciel (for reference):

cdc-01.JPG

Archived