Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

pier head - How?

CGolder

Hello,

just wondered if anyone has any idea how i can fit this adapter for a peir for my Meade LX90, the lx90 has a single bolt in the center that does into the folk mount, however the pier head i got from the astroboot doesnt make sense to me,

i thought it would have the flat surface and then have the bolt which can go into the bottom of the mount and slide in and do it up... but the bolt is facing away from the slit and cant be removed... any ideas?

post-19390-133877658592_thumb.jpg

post-19390-1338776586_thumb.jpg

post-19390-133877658608_thumb.jpg

post-19390-133877658616_thumb.jpg

post-19390-133877658625_thumb.jpg

From what I can make of it from the photos, I would have thought that the screw shown near your little finger on photo 2 is intended for fitting the adapter to your pier, you would then use the Meade screw that holds your fork and base to slide into the slot and then tighten.

i thought that might be too, but the meade bolt is for the tripod so will be way to long... maybe it would be worth fitting this to my pipe pier and then fit one of these to attach the scope, it would be less hastle that trying to squeeze into that gap and i wouldnt have to alter the nest to fit it to the concrete filled pipe i have

I think the slot is intended to be on top and allow access to a new, short, bolt that goes up into the base of the scope. It probably will be imperial in some form or other so take the original to the hardware or agricultural engineering shop.

What you have there is already an 'owl's nest' but for a very short, wide owl!!!

Olly

Archived