Childs starter scope....

Hi everyone,

Its my little girls 5th birthday in oct and was wanting to buy her a little scope so when dads out with my DOB she can come out and enjoy the night sky too, i was looking at the SW heritage for her, would this be a good little scope for her? Can anybody recommend any others within £100,

Thanks guys,

Mark.

there might be another advantage to the heritage.... the big dob (daddys) and the little dob (hers)

also as it takes normal 1.25 she can use the older eyepeices that you have

the model Scopes and skys have has a finder on it

one thing though im not sure what collination is like / how well it holds

edit : the one FLO has is identical ant £3 cheaper

My little Heritage arrived today, only just sat down so just opend it up and what a cracking little scope it is! Putting it next to my 200p dob it looks "cute" lol!! Im made up with it and i know my little one will

Be over the moon with it too, just wona say thanks to FLO for again great service!!!

Clear skies everyone!!!

Mark.

brilliant! hopefully she will enjoy using it enough to get hooked on the hobbie! well thats the plan anyways, im hoping the clouds will be feeling generous the night of her bday so there no waiting around for weeks to use it, we will see,

all the best.

mark.

oh i, il make sure i do a star test, when they decide to show them selfs that is, dont know about you but im looking out the bedroom window here and theres nothin but thick LP'td glowing cloud, 8-(

.............i think i need to do some more astro shopping to cheer me up! all the best guys and i hope yous have a great weekend!

mark.

My little Heritage arrived today, only just sat down so just opend it up and what a cracking little scope it is! Putting it next to my 200p dob it looks "cute" lol!! Im made up with it and i know my little one will

Be over the moon with it too, just wona say thanks to FLO for again great service!!!

Clear skies everyone!!!

Mark.

Hey Mark, I bought a Celestron First Scope, which is pretty much identical to the SW Heritage, when I first got involved in the hobby. That has since been passed onto my 4 year old who will hopefully be out observing with me in the autumn when it's dark before her bedtime. I enjoyed using it before I got my larger scope and she thinks she's the bees knees to have a telescope like daddy. I'm sure your little one will love it.

Archived