NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SCT 2” diagonal visual back help

Hi

Hope to be getting my CPC1100 soon so am planning my accessories at moment the first thing I will be getting is a good 2” diagonal for my 2” eyepieces but this is where I am a little confused the scope comes with a 1.25 diagonal so therefore a 1.25 visual back?

If I buy a diagonal such as this

William optics with sct adaptor

It comes with a SCT adaptor does this adaptor replace the 1.25 visual back or just go into it so I can use the diagonal in which case I am not getting the full benefit of a full 2” opening

I am sure I read somewhere you can unscrew the 3.25” thread adaptor on the back of the scope and replace it with another 3.25 adaptor which has the full 2” opening? If so is there any real benefit to this and where can I get one

Sorry is this doesn’t make any real sense because I am not a 100% sure what I am talking about

Thanks

Kevin

When you remove the standard 1.25" visual back it reveals the SCT threaded connection. You can then screw on a 2" SCT visual back and use a standard push-fit diagonal. Or an SCT diagonal that has the SCT thread will just screw onto the OTA without the need for any visual back,

The WO diagonal comes with a push-fit and an SCT nosepiece. You can screw either one into the body of the focuser.

The 3.25" connection is really only used when you fit a crayford focuser to the OTA.

CPC1100 with Feather Touch focuser and 3.25" adaptor.

John

• 6 months later...

I've bought a WO sct diagonal and was thinking of leaving the push fit on and getting a 2" visual back so that I can use the diagonals 2" filter thread. In practise is this a good idea or not really worth it?

I've bought a WO sct diagonal and was thinking of leaving the push fit on and getting a 2" visual back so that I can use the diagonals 2" filter thread. In practise is this a good idea or not really worth it?

I use a push-fit WO 2" Diagonal and a Baader 2" visual back. Works fine, as I can use the diagonal on my refractor as well. I also hear this combination yields a slightly larger unobstructed FOV.

Archived