NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

my first attempt of a moon mosaic

cal1985

steve thank you for the comment, im still learning this long and very complecated hobby!! the more people giving feedback makes this learning curve so much easier. i have took your comments onboard and tried another but this time rather than using my dslr i have just bought a spc880nc and flashed the webcam to a 900. god im so shocked at how good this is!!! anyway i will upload the pic and please coment on what you think ! lol the family think it is a little dark... i disagree! what do u think???

They're both pretty good for first attempts.

If I was you I'd try two things;

Back off the sharpening a tad - a little softer makes an image look more natural (IMO)

and there's no need to stretch the contrast quite so much (again IMO). I tend to agree with your family - you could brighten the first image a bit, but be careful otherwise you'll burn out the bright details..so it's probably best to do this while keeping an eye on the image's histogram. I'm not sure what software you're using but there's loads of tutorials on the web if you need help with this - just don't clip the black and white points.

They're both pretty good for first attempts.

If I was you I'd try two things;

Back off the sharpening a tad - a little softer makes an image look more natural (IMO)

and there's no need to stretch the contrast quite so much (again IMO). not sure what software you're using but there's loads of tutorials on the web if you need help with this - just don't clip the black and white points.

Hi steve, i tried to bring out the brightness a bit, but had exactly what you said! the bright bits became to bright and was burnt out. im using photoshop cs4 for the processing. but cant find a good tutorial that explains things in laymanns terms for me to understand. im getting to grasps with historgrams and curves. however i dont understand the principals of the curves and what this is actully doing. to me its brightening a certain part of the image depanding on where the curve is aplied? is that correct? also i have started dabbling in the highpass feature. but other than that im really struggling at useing p/s to anywhere near its full potential.. do u have any tips or guideance you can give me, or point me in the right direction?

Archived