Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light Bobs Knobs

As someone who has real problems fiddling with small Allen keys I thought I would try some of the mentioned loads Bobs Knobs. I ordered 3 for my secondary mirror on my skywatcher 200 last Monday and they arrived this morning, and that is from the United States. The process of changing them is an absolute ease and the fit was perfection. I can now adjust the secondary without messing about all the time with Allen keys. There is no view of them at all through the eyepiece even though they sit proud of the area they are in, they also do not obstruct the dust cover.

Overall, an excellent well priced item and superb delivery. What id like now are some bobs knobs for my primary mirror but I dont think he does them.

These Bobs Knobs seem to be a must-have item for newtonians and SCT's. I'll no doubt be getting a set for whichever 'scope I eventually decide to get (looking at large-ish dobsonian mounted newtonians at the moment).

Can I ask: under which category did you order the Skywatcher knobs from www.bobsknobs.com ?

I don't see 'Skywatcher' listed on the main site - Celestron, Meade, Intes, Takahashi, Orion (presumably US Orion, not Orion Optics UK) are listed.

Hi Astronut

They are the Orion XT Secondary (factor set screws) the picture on their site will show you a secondary mirror that has a philips screw through the middle, it is those for the skywatcher. Click the second link down on the right hand side.

• 3 months later...

Just ordered a set for my dob's secondary. With the current exchange rate they cost £10.10. 8)

No mention of postage costs in the receipt though - I guess that's included in the price or postage is free.

Bobs knobs aren't needed for the primary on this dob (Skyliner 300P) as the factory fitted primary collimation knobs are very substantial anyway - huge even and complete with adjacent hand tightened locking screws. Good practical design. (I assume the primary cell is the same design in the 10", 8" and 6" models)

With bobs knobs on the secondary, collimation will be a breeze and I can put my fiddly little allen key back in the toolbox :D

I Bough these, fitted them

Am a little concerned that they do not seem to do right up wen u first put them in.

But then i did as instructed and replaced one at a time so i imagine all is quite well.

I am off to suffolk this weekend with all kit to test them out, wish me clear skies!

cheers

Al

Archived