Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st Jupiter image with 2 x Barlow & Toucam

Steve Wright

Well I fought with the clouds last night and stayed up all night to capture the clear periods and managed to grab an avi file before the clouds covered Jupiter again, have been stacking and tweaking in Registax v2 until daylight came, over 900 frames but only the first 250 showed any detail as the clouds obscured the rest so had to select the usefull frames manually, but have decided that maybe my focus and exposure settings were not quite right. Thought I would share the result to gain any usefull comments anyway, finally got to bed around 06.30am after deciding that there was nothing more I could do, fingers crossed for clear skies tonight to try and improve further.

Jupiter barlow 2.bmp

Great first attempt!

As you mention exposure seems a bit high and you could do with RGB Align (not sure Registax V2) does that but V6 does.

but of course you biggest hinderance is the lack of frames, damn those clouds.

Archived