Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st attempt at Jupiter with 127 Skymax

spaceboy

Hi All

My attempt a Jupiter early hours of this morning. While I have had a go at Jupiter in the past with my 200P this is my first attempt using my 127 Skymax. Please be gentle as seeing was dismal and my imaging skills are very limited as I am more a visual observer.

127 Skymax, SPC880, x2 TV barlow stacked with SW x2 barlow, IR filter, 2 min AVI stacked in Registax and a bit of messing in gimp.

The image has been processed to death but given the quality of the AVI to start with I have nothing but praise for Registax. :)

As always open to any tips and critique.

Thanks Phil. Sat here busily trying to get something from last nights AVI's. Wait all this time for clear skies and record a load of mush. That £15 to get a bahtinov mask is looking cheaper by the day. Feel like it was a clear night wasted so one is definitely on the wish list :)

LOL.... No chance mate, no emergence going on :) Having clears skies meant I was going to make the best of it. With the seeing being so bad visual observing was poor so I figured I may as well give the webcam a go in the focuser. It's amazing what Registax can do with a fuzz ball. Even with my limited skills I can get something that more resembles Jupiter.

I'd never bothered using it for imaging before as it was only intended as a grab and go scope but I have seen some superb images by other members using the MAK. I can't complain given it's a £9 webcam getting the images and I don't really have much experience with Registax. I admit it has me tempted to see what a DMK would be possible of doing :)

Archived