NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hands Free Focusing

I'm using robofocus steppermotors on the stock focusers on both my 190MN & FSQ106. FocusMax works stand-alone, one-click autofocus & a minute later it's complete, nails it perfectly every time, even with NB-filters...

You can also set up maximdl to do slight focus-offsets for each filter, so that way there's no need to redo the focusroutine for each filterchange

Ahh I was thinking of the whole process. My setup finds a star slews to it...checks pointing....then does focus and slews back to where you started.

Or with an ascom compliant focuser connected to focus max once you have run focusmax and calebrated it with your setup, you slew to a star and click focus!

To callibrate it you select an appropriate star and step resolution and set focusmax to record hfd from a position one side of focus to a position on the other side of focuse. You do this a minimum of 12 times and it can calculate a focus curve for your setup.

I'm using robofocus steppermotors on the stock focusers on both my 190MN & FSQ106. FocusMax works stand-alone, one-click autofocus & a minute later it's complete, nails it perfectly every time, even with NB-filters...

You can also set up maximdl to do slight focus-offsets for each filter, so that way there's no need to redo the focusroutine for each filterchange

I need to look into that then cheers :)

FocusMax and Motorised Moonlite for me. Seems to work well so far.

The alternative was trying to train the cat to operate things for me, but that training wasn't going very well.

Kept eating the mouse?.....<sorry>

Archived