Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TADDA !!! HA image

I Present at least something which is getting there.:)

Please be aware this is just a stack of lights Processed, as i have not worked out how to do the bias and darks etc in pixinsight yet.

I would appreciate some constructive criticism.

oh forgot to say

ED100 QHY8L with Astronomik HA filter (unknown pass bandwidth) 10 x 600s

post-19346-133877648757_thumb.jpg

The Televue TRF2008 is usually optimised for focal lengths of 380 - 600m refractors with a Distance of 55mm.

Your focal length of your scope is 900mm,if your going to use a reducer, you might be better off buying a Skywatcher Reducer which are used on 80,100 or 120ED's. You'll also have to buy a 2" nosepiece for it for to be used on your focuser, but im not sure what distance/spacers you would need to use it to achieve proper results using the ccd Camera. Or you can buy a Televue Reducer RFL4078 which I have bought recently for the 115 Triplet, it is mean't to cover focal lengths of 800 - 1000mm with a 55mm distance. But your looking at over £350.00 inc. the 2" nosepiece (RAD1074) & possibily a T - Thread adaptor which attaches to the otherside of it (camera end).

There is a Hotech flattener, but don't know what specs or scopes it will work with ...

Nadeem.

Sorry I was reading your Sig. I thought you had a Celestron Or Skywatcher type 100ED, yeah then a Revelation/Skywatcher Flattener F6 Flattener might be your best bet, but you would have to find out the correct spacer length required from the end of your flattener (excluding the threads) to your ccd sensor to achieve correct focus across the field.

Nadeem.

or maybe this

What's going on here? Is this a flat overcompensating or some such thing?

The other ones are pretty good - eg no halo effects on bright stars. There is a flatness issue so the right flattener at the right chip distance is going to be needed but that information should be freely available from SW, FLO etc. I'd be thinking, 'so far so good and no reason not to see near perfection in the near future.'

In proessing Ha I find increasing local contrasts very effective. Noel's Actons do a good job but you can use micro steps applied to Curves in Ps if you prefer DIY. In PI, there is an excellent Dark Structures tool in the Utilities.

Olly

The other ones are pretty good - eg no halo effects on bright stars. There is a flatness issue so the right flattener at the right chip distance is going to be needed but that information should be freely available from SW, FLO etc. I'd be thinking, 'so far so good and no reason not to see near perfection in the near future.'

In proessing Ha I find increasing local contrasts very effective. Noel's Actons do a good job but you can use micro steps applied to Curves in Ps if you prefer DIY. In PI, there is an excellent Dark Structures tool in the Utilities.

Olly

I have left Flats out of the equation at to moment, as I am having issues with them, but have things in hand.

Im wondering if my extensions are too long?

I did all the intergaration and calibration in Pixinsight as DSS just provided a complete mess.

Debayerd | Split into RGB and just kept the Red, grey scaled it and, DBE, Wavelets, De noised then stretched it a few times.

Olly

I think this issue is caused by the flattener not sitting quiet true in the 2" hole on the scope. i will investigate later.

Archived