Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cloud over M57?

JohnnyD333

Thought this was a cool sub I took tonight. I was taking shots of the Ring and I kept capturing this veil like cloud over it. Im assuming its a cloud, but after doing photos of the Veil Nebula for so long, I liked how it looked. Its a single sub untouched. Tell me what you think.

JD

post-25769-13387764827_thumb.jpg

The sub is only around 180 sec at ISO 3200. I was originally taking 10 min subs at ISO 800 and I got some trails, but I noticed the streak in the sub. So, I decided to experiment and take some shorter subs at a higher ISO. All the subs I took have the same streak. I shot several different DSOs that night and only had some moon glow issues.

Im going to check all my mirrors and filters just to be sure. All my subs showed the same streak, I took about 6 subs at varying settings, it does not appear to move. Im going to take a closer look as well, Ill post the other subs shortly.

Archived