Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bubble Nebula in Ha

Interested

Hi all,

Bought some narrowband filters this Saturday and got to try out the Ha on Sunday. This must be a record as normally, 2-3 weeks of cloud follows any astonomy related purchase I make!

Not a lot of processing at the moment, just streched in Liberator and saved as a jpeg using PS elements. To any newbies (lol, I only started this hobby in Feb and have only managed to set up a dozen times!), all I saw through the scope initially was 'a bit of fuzz around a star' even with a 10 second exposure. I moved the scope around the sky for about 1/2 hour because I thought I had missed the target! In future I may post 10 sec exposures with the main image to show what I initially see.

Anyway, 10 x 300 sec exposures, no darks, no flats. I will start to use darks and flats in the futue.......honest! :)

post-25010-13387764786_thumb.jpg

nice first outing w/ the new filters!! You got a ton of nice details for under an hour. For framing I like to use a 1min pic to see where I'm at, I'll compare with some other images online for a map of the area then frame from there. But sometimes you just have to trust your goto.

Thank you for the comment jsigone. The image is not as good as the majority of images posted here, so wasn't too suprised at the lack of comments - that said, I was pleased with it as it was only the second outing for the camera and first time using a narrowband.

Your suggestion of looking on-line for a map of the proposed target area in advance is good, and one I think I will adopt! :)

Archived