NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

power for dew sheild

ive just got a secondary mirror dew sheild heater what is the best way to attach to a power source do i really need a dew controler and what sort of power surply can i use with the smaller the better

thanks

toby

As far as I know, you do need a dew controller. I run my dew strips and my secondary heater off my 12v battery. When i take my laptop in the field, i use my DIY marine battery and hook the dew controller there as well.

No easy way out!

The cheapest option I could find for you is either a single controller (Telescope House £29.99) or a double controller (Rother Valley Optics £44.93). As far as power supply is concerned, ordinary batteries will be a poor choice in really cold weather or for long periods of use and in any case, both of the above come wired with cigarette type connectors which will require a leisure battery or one of those bells and whistle battery packs.

James

Archived