Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Netbook for imaging etc

Hi Can anyone tell me if netbooks are ok for registax 6 and sharpcap etc, i'm thinking of replacing my old sony vaio running xp as it only has 512mb of ram and the battery no longer works and the hard drive is only 40gb. The netbook i'm thinking of is the acer D257 which has windows 7, i can get for this £169. I did think of getting extra ram/new battery and HardDisk for the old sony but thought its better just to get one of these. link below

Buy Acer Aspire One D257 10.1 Inch Netbook - White at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Netbooks and mini laptops.

thanks for any advice ;)

Thanks space cowboy, i'm really fed up having to put out 20 metre extension leads every time i want to image something

On a slightly differant topic, have you done any webcam imaging using your 250 auto dob.??? i'm thinking of one of these as well....;)

regards

jason

I use a Samsung NC10 Netbbok, which is fine for imaging, and while it can process the AVIs in Registax, it isn't as quick as my desk top, but it does get there eventually. However, if I want to play around with wavelets I find it less frustrating to transfer the AVIs to an external hard drive and hook that up to the desk top which is so much quicker at processing the images.

Brinders

Thanks space cowboy, i'm really fed up having to put out 20 metre extension leads every time i want to image something

On a slightly differant topic, have you done any webcam imaging using your 250 auto dob.??? i'm thinking of one of these as well....;)

regards

jason

Yep I'm having good results imaging with the Dob. Check out my image album, first Saturn page are all done with the Dob and top half of first Jupiter page are with Dob.

Stargazers Lounge - Space Cowboy's Albums

Archived