NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Milky way from my back garden

I would like to share my first pictures of the milky way taken from my back garden. It is a stack of 4 images to give a total of 2.30 minute exposurem I used deep sky stacker and photoshop to process the curves. Im quite pleased with the results.

post-18185-133877643948_thumb.jpg

Thats a pretty good result for a short exposure....... love the way the Coat hanger stands out:icon_salut:

I've had a lunch time play in Photoshop with different layers for stars and background to reduce the 'bluishness' and try bringing out a bit more of the colour lurking in the star field........ may have over done it,as usual but this is the result.

post-13495-133877644081_thumb.jpg

Spacetrace – well done with your first image.

Re Bromsgrove Astro Club ( Basoc) we always try to welcome vistors and new members, there’s nothing worse than turning up at a club for the first time and then being ignored.

Our next meeting is next Monday 15th when Michael Morris will be talking about ‘Observing the Planets’. Michael is a member of Worcester Astro club as well as a contributer here.

The following week 22nd we will be holding an Observing night, bring your scope, binos or just yourself. We set up at the dark end of the rugby club carpark. Should the weather be against us we will have a general chin wag in the club house. Help sort each others proiblems out etc.

If you can do come and join us

Rob

Hi, I love how you have managed to manipulate the image!!! I could really do with learning how to use photoshop other than playing with curves. I had heard about bromsgrove astro and thought about coming along but im rather shy :smiley: silly I know. If I pluck up the courage I would like to come along to an observing session if im welcome.

Of course you will be welcome on either night.

Absolutely no need to worry about being shy. You can mix in as much or as little as suits you.

We have a wide range of members from thier twentys to old fogies like myself and my wife in our sixtys and several others into thier seventies and probably eighties. We also cover a range of astro experience and interests.

We meet in the bar ( closed ) at the far end of the club. The easiest entry is at the far end of the club house.

We look forward to seeing you at a future meeting.

Rob

Archived