NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

C9.25/C8 users whats in your case?

Looking at treating myself to some new eyepieces so just interested to know what your favourite planetary/widefield eyepieces are and does anyone use anything between the 40/50mm range for really low power

Thanks all

Kevin

I have a 10" SCT and love the hyperions, as SCT owners we dont need those super corrected eyepeices and i have found hyperions give great views, generally just try a few different types if you can, i find its personal preference as much as suited to your scope ;)

Here's what I use with my C9.25 on various things.

Widefield: 42mm Vixen LVW (the widest a C9.25 will go - 1.3°)

Deep sky: 22mm and 17mm T4 Naglers, 13mm Vixen LVW

Moon: 8mm Vixen LVW, 6mm TMB II

Planets: 9mm and 7mm orthoscopics

Mine came with a Celestron 40mm, which I rarely use. My favourite is a 2" 32mm Moonfish with an apparent 72 degree field of view for wide field.

That moonfish looks like a very nice eyepiece dont see them come up s/h very often must be a keeper when peeps get them

I have a 10" SCT and love the hyperions, as SCT owners we dont need those super corrected eyepeices and i have found hyperions give great views, generally just try a few different types if you can, i find its personal preference as much as suited to your scope :rolleyes:

All i read is good things about the hyperions and is one that has allways been on my to get list but never got round to getting one i really must try one of those

Here's what I use with my C9.25 on various things.

Widefield: 42mm Vixen LVW (the widest a C9.25 will go - 1.3°)

Deep sky: 22mm and 17mm T4 Naglers, 13mm Vixen LVW

Moon: 8mm Vixen LVW, 6mm TMB II

Planets: 9mm and 7mm orthoscopics

Nice selection Mr Spock suprised to see the 13mm down as deep sky i assumed that would be more of a planetary eyepiece then looking at your 9mm/7mm you hit the planets quite hard

The 42mm Vixen must give some lovely low power widefield views just looked at the price ;) bit out of my range

Yes, the 42mm is expensive, but I bought it well before the C9.25 where a less well corrected eyepiece would work just as well. Something like the 38mm Panaview would be fine.

I find the 13mm too low powered for planets. I use it mainly for globular clusters.

The C9.25 takes power a lot better than my 250mm Newt did. The 9mm at x261 is just a starter. On better nights the 7mm at X336 is really crisp. Generally I don't waste time with poor seeing conditions. If I can't get sharp views I pack up pretty quick ;)

Archived