Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

drift aligning?

Hello:

I have a 9.25 sct, and have a rough polar alignment using compass.

If I use an illuminated reticle eyepiece direct to visual back, would north/south/east/west be oriented up/down/east/west?

Also could I adjust east/west corrections using the two bolts on top of tripod instead of moving whole setup?

Thanks very much...hoping to get setup aligned properly...finally!icon7.gif

nto nusre what mount you have but i had an eq3/2 and it didnt have azi adjustment bolts for poalr laignemnt, so yes if you have that mount then you will need to move the whole setup,. ie the tripod. if you have an eq5 or above howeevr, then you will have alt/azi adjusment bolts and you should roughly polar align and then use these for fine tuning.

an illuminated ep can be used and is often quoted for drift aligment, but you can use a dslr if you have one? illuminated ep's as far as i know cost ~ 50 which to me seems alot.. but then again its alot cheaper than a low end ~200 dslr.

Archived