Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another First DSO / M31

Stephen

Well after a few disasters last night I managed to find M31 and grab some speedy subs before the clouds rolled in.

Shame I must of kicked the mount and haven't framed it correctly - didn't realise until I got in as I turn the LCD off at night.

26x32s (don't ask me, the Fuji said they were 30!) @ ISO800 (prime focus) 9xdarks

DSS (Flintstone tutorial)

PS (MartinB tutorial but got lost at the contrast bits)

6009865540_045e1157b4_b.jpg

First real attempt at processing so feel free to rip :rolleyes: I think I pushed the last curves adjustment too far as the centre / lower left wasn't that bright under previous iterations.

Practice, practice, practice ;)

I actually quite like this image....its a bit different in a good way. sure the core is a bit burnt out, but i know it sounds a bit daft, but that 'kick' you may of done during imaging, has resulted in an interesting composition.

I like that, much better colours than my first effort. I forgot about framing until half way through the subs ! Thanks for mentioning the tutorials the DSS one is useful as I had just been using the default settings.

Archived