Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Russel Optics ep

managed to get my hands on a RO konig 6.7mm.

Not yet had chance to try it out, but the look and feel of it is interesting. Its encased in delrin, has a kinda space age feel to it.....feels like a metal, but its some type of plastic??

This is supposed to be a poormans version of a pentax XL ep.

A quick look through in daylight, and it seems reasonable optically. ER is tight, but i can see the whole field, slightly better without the specs on tho.

Will try and get around to taking some pics.....

I am assuming that only a few peeps have tried these eps, as the arent sold outside the US ? OFcourse theres ways around that!

I tried it last evening for a little terrestrial viewing, as been too much cloud cover lately to get out at night.

Seems its a bit overpowered for my scope wo 66. I need to get a better prism for high mags, but image was a little dull. WIll try again in better conditions, as the sea mist was starting to roll in: tried looking at some objects offshore.

Think the ER for me may be the problem, as i dont like takeing my specs on and off.

• 4 months later...

Archived