Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A bit of Pelican

mark7331

I had first light with my new ST80 guide scope last night. I played with the settings and after an hour and a half I had the rig guiding well enough to get 10 minute subs. I think I have some tweaking left to do but I'm happy with it so far. The ST80 is a lot easier to get good guiding from than my EvoStar 120.

I just happened to be pointing at the ionization front of the Pelican (IC5070) Nebula while getting the guider going so I thought I'd grab a few subs of it (and have a sleep) :)

This is 180 minutes of Ha in 10 minute subs. Flats & Darks applied.

Thanks for looking!

post-20393-133877640985_thumb.jpg

Cheers Wp. The image was really just a first light of the ST80. I did a quick process that took about 5 minutes. Didn't bother with much in the way of stretching. I'm going to get the rig to do 15 minute subs and then start work on something like the Pelican as a mosaic.

Nice contrast though.

Mark

I managed to grab a bit of OIII last night for the first time. So I've done some processing and come up with a couple of results through mixing various ratios of the channels.

They are both Ha,OIII with a false blue from Ha & OIII.

The plan is to do a mosaic of the whole nebula and add some SII (when I can afford the filter! ;))

Thanks for the comments so far.

Cheers

Mark

post-20393-133877642272_thumb.jpg

post-20393-133877642281_thumb.jpg

Archived