Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SPC900 adapter for finderscope...arrived. Pics.s.

zimzimma

Hi all,

Just wanted to share with you an adapter(thanks beamish)i purchased from Modern Astronomy to fit between SPC880/900 and a skywatcher 9x50 finderscope. Yet to install as attempting a different mod on webcam but looks well built and saves manufacturing the finderscope to get the webcam to fit.

Hope this helps.

Rich T

post-24251-1338776406_thumb.jpg

post-24251-133877640606_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I dont think (though i could) I will be imaging using this, as my telescope is around 40ft from my desktop I just wanted this for an initial view of object. The webcam is being modded for LX and amp-off and heard varying reports that it is possible to use as an aid for guiding (problem is i need a 40ft serial cable for comms). The beauty of this piece is that the finderscope needs no modifying to use the webcam so I can just screw on the standard ep when im done and use the webcam on the viewfinder of the telescope for imaging. Just waiting for a clear night. I have just returned from Greece and the sky at night there is visibly different to where im located, its much much darker than here. At the moment the night sky here is very light and its making life difficult for any kind of image even with filters.

Thanks

Rich T

• 10 months later...

You can focus by rotating the end of the finder which moves the objective lense there's a locking ring which I had the remove to screw it on far enough to get it to focus with my spc880 I'm halfway through making a auto guiding setup with it but I've put it on hold until the dark nights return

Archived