Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First North American Nebula.

Tommy B

This hobby continues to awe and inspire me with each clear night I get. I waited a long time for cygnus to come around again so that I might try NGC 7000. Still being a novice I did'nt know what to expect so this result has just blown me away.

I'd Like to credit AndyUK for his incredibly useful help with Deep Sky Stacker which allowed me to recover the star colours and add more variation in tone to the nebula itself.:)

Its not as red as it might be but I really like it with a hint of blue in it.

The 6 minute subs on an unguided mount caused a little star trailing but being a more widefield shot than im used to it does'nt show to badly.

All in all im absolutely made up with this image. Any further advice is always welcome.

Tommy.:)

"Have now added a larger version."

post-23860-133877640032_thumb.jpg

post-23860-133877640037_thumb.jpg

I'm not at all surprised that you're pleased with this....it's a great result, nice colour and excellent star colour, and 6 minute unguided subs is a real feat.

Well done indeed :)

Did you take any flats?

Rob

Thanks guys. It was quite a still night and oddly clear allowing me to see the milky way after my eyes had adjusted despite the light pollution. No flats as yet but I do plan to create some the next time I add to this image. I did take 5 darks but since discovered thats nowhere near enough but luckily no harm was done to the image.

By the way, just got a look at your website Rob....top stuff. Your bubble nebula is just glorious.

Will post a bigger version soon.

Forgot to post the details of this,

15x360 secs Lights

5x360 secs Darks

Stacked and pre processed in Deep sky stacker

Finished in Photoshop 7.0

The astro budget is low at the mo so I still dont have a field flattener.

Hi Tommy - Most excellent rework my friend...!

And as everyone else has said, 6 mins unguided is quite a feat... as is the fact that the colour you've captured is with an unmodded DSLR - Congratulations!

Nice rework Tommy. Flats will improve ity even more as there is a bit of vignetting which they'll remove nicely.

Glad you like my site.....that Bubble neb was done in 2008, but I plan on revisiting it this year and adding to the data as I've learned a lot since then and think I can improve on it,

Cheers

Rob

Archived