spc900 & dslr

good afternooon i have just been praticing in daylight focusing with a spc900 through a 150pl and all i got was a blue screen also tryed with my dslr same any help would be good ,i got all the adaptors useing sharpcap tryed for 1hr then gave up back to the reading books . the idea of doing this in daylight was so things like this dont happen at night !!

I had the same thing with mine, during the day it didn't seem to want to show anything other than a flat plain image.

It was fine though, it works perfectly when using it through the scope as intended. I'm not sure but it might have something to do with the removal of the cameras standard filter and focusing ring.

To be honest I haven't used my scope during the day yet. What are you trying to focus on?

Once you have fitted the 1.25" camera adapter to the front slide the camera into the focusing tube just as you would with an eyepiece. To find the target during the night I turn the gain and exposure settings right up so that the target is easy to find.

Once I have it I lower the gain and exposure sliders a little and then focus using the telescopes focuser controls.

Tony you should not have any problem in the day light with the spc900.

If I am using mine in the daytime I always leave the cover on the end of the OTA and just remove the plug.

As these are extreamly sensative you will need the gain and the brightness down very low.

In Sharp cap click on the options tab I think it is and in the drop down menue you will see the camera's own set up list.

click on that and turn everything except the auto white balance off.

That way only the sharpcap will be controlling the camera.

thankyou for this will give a try tomorrow just one more thing in my sharpcap my settings aredifferent from the tutorial i watched there is no exsposure setting ?

Just a thought Tony, maybe the exposure control only comes once you have the LX mod done (or do it yourself).

If you're trying during the day, you'll need to back off the exposure and gain a fair way otherwise you'll "white out" - make sure you can see the object through the EP and it is centred as accurately as possible before putting in the webcam - back the exposure off then slowly increase it until you see what will probably be a blur on your screen, then try refocussing to get the" blur" sharp re adjust exposure and gain 'til it's clear and hopefully - you're there!

Archived