Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

8SE on an EQ6 Syntrek?

jonathan

Hi,

I will be able to afford to purchase an EQ6 soon, just wondering if I will need anything additional to fit my stock Nexstar 8SE OTA to it.

I'm aiming to reduce vibration to an absolute minimum as I've discovered that it's a real pain to try focusing at high magnifications on the Celestron mount (which I may sell if the EQ6 is a big success, is there much interest in these mounts?) Also I've been bitten by the EQ bug as my recent Startravel 80 EQ1 purchase has been a joy to use, hoping the EQ6 is just as delightful with the 8SE on it.

As far as I know, the 8SE OTA should just drop straight onto the standard EQ6 with vixen type saddle. I am pretty sure the Celestron dovetails are the same as the SkyWatcher ones.

It should be fine, however i wouldnt be too hasty to sell the Se mount, try the eq6 for visual and you might find the alt az much better nice, imaging ofc is a different story and the eq6 is very good

Archived