Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

saturn still viewable?

tyler_jrb

hey, supposed to be nice clear skies tonight(cant wait). gonna take my new scope skywatcher 150p dobsonian for a spin and was wondering is saturn still viewable this late on and how low is it in the sky. Just saturn is one of the planets i really want to see and would be nice if i can see it tonight(if it is clear). I also have a 48x mag eyepiece and also need to ask is there any dso's that you can look at 48x or even at 120x, and where abouts are they visable. any help appreciated :BangHead:.

Hi tyler, do you have Stellarium? if you check it you will see its current position as seen from your location, which I know is not that far from me.

Just in case,

Stellarium

as for any dso's try looking for a few globular clusters like M13 which will be not to difficult to find with the brightish skies :BangHead:

hey nexus 6, thanks for the advice and have downloaded the stellarium which i will use just before I go outside to my scope if the weather stays good which skies are pretty much clear atm. :BangHead:

Archived