Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

first full moon with WO 66

Daniel-K

It does look a little soft tbh i know a nice frac like yours can be very sharp so maybe there was some dew forming on the objective ? , here is 1 i took using an 80mm refractor when i managed to get good focus .

post-18835-133877635458_thumb.jpg

Does your DSLR have Live View with zoom? Using that certainly helps but must admit it isn't so easy on a full Moon where there aren't any shadows. You can focus on a nearby star first with the help of a Bahtinov mask.

Dave

Yeah Dave has a point , i find full moon pics the hardest due to the lack of shadows to assist focusing so i normally focus on the outer rim area where the craters just start to show some deffinition .

doesnt have live veiw but i have orderd a mask will have try next time now doesnt look like im going to get a clear night thanks for the advice guys

Ahh i see now , its quite a fine process to focus with live view and as i have never tried without i can only image how tricky it is . I've heard of people using the cam linked to a laptop running a program which helps with focusing when there is no liveview but i'm unsure what its called .

Regards Alan

Archived