f6.3 focal reducer with phillips 880 web cam

Hi,

Right another question. I'm getting the Phillips 880 web cam. Do I and should I be using this focal reducer too and does it fit on with the camera ? If so can someone explain how this works (what the focal reducer actually does) just so I have an understanding,

Thanks Guys,

Andy.

Ps sorry I keep asking questions but I need an understanding before I can search forums for myself as I dont know what most things mean.

The webcam is for planetary imaging and a focal reducer is not needed (rather a 2x Barlow with the camera and a SCT scope).

If you have long-exposures modified webcam then you can use f/6.3 or 3.3 reducer. You just put the 1,25" visualback on top of the reducer. For the f/6.3 some extension would be needed.

a focal reducer has the effect of reducing you scopes focal length. for planetery imaging you want to be aiming for longer focal lengths which is what a barlow will do

how many shots with the focal reducer in Sim? guess it means less work but is the final image as good?

Andy with your F10 scope you probably dont need anything larger than a 3x barlow. from what I have read the aim is to have your f ratio between f20 and f32. with my f5 a 4x barlow only just gets me in the zone but im only talking from what ive learnt and am yet to put it into practice.

good to know cheers. is a reducer likely to be need on my 150P to acheive this? guess ill know soon enough. thats if I ever actually see the moon again!! this weather is doing my head in.

Id be happy with that Rik. Nice to see the 150P in action. If you have any other shots taken through your 150P with the SPC900 id be keen to have a look just to get an idea of what I can expect

Looks good to me too. I have webcam now and Im just working out how to use it. If the clouds go away Il be showing my first ever images soon. No laughing please when I post them.

Andy

Ps can you still get registax???

Archived