Worst July I Remember

Deneb

Same here. I've not spent a decent night outside since 12th May. I'm just trying to work out whether it's practical to take the Mak when we go to France.

James

James, I took my 6se to France, it was worth the effort for sure.

Enjoy the views :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This year my summer is awesome!

To explain, I finally "remembered" my interest in the stars and purchased my first scope a Heritage 130p - with the help of the local astronomy society I have seen and learnt masses - a month or so ago was fortunate enough to get an 10" Orion Intelliscope off the bay at a great price.

Yes the weather has not been brilliant, but in those few minutes / hours of clear skies I have seen the rings of saturn, some dso's and spent hours outside learning - nothing can take that away - this summer so far has been the best yet!

Chris:)

I'm convinced that the summer was better when I was kid about 15 years ago. This summer has been absolutely abysmal, there is no excuse for it, totally ****.

On the plus side, it reminds me why I'm emigrating to Australia next year, then I will actually be able to buy a telescope and heaven forbid, USE IT.

Ive had my new 8se for 1 months now. And i have only had 1 night of decent viewing on Bignor Hill. The rest of the time has been in my city back yard. Once you have done a darkish site like Bignor... its almost impossible to view from the back yard again TT

I have 10 locations saved in my iphones weather bookmarks... they all say 'Partly Cloudy'. I feel like risking one of the locations... but i know partly cloudly probally means 90% cloud.

Will Aug Sept generally be more consistant for clear nights?

Cries TT

Archived