SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Aviraw and color raw help

Well I'm at my wits end,I've flashed a spc900 to color raw mode using WcRmac.Then in wcctrl tried to trigger the color raw mode.Then took a short trial capture which shows a B/W view with the bayer grid but when I try to load the capture into Aviraw I get the message [ unable to open file ].I know I must be doing something wrong but have no idea what it is.I'm really getting frustrated with this.

jgs001,thanks for responding, I'm afraid I know little about codes,codecs and such I'm not much with computers.The capture is at 5fps and YUY2,if that's what you are asking.I have not tryed in Registax,will do that now.

I could find no option for debayering in registax 6, I seem to remember an option for debayering in ver.5. Aviraw won't load files,K3ccd won't start on the computer,Registax won't debayer,geez what a mess!I have no idea what to try next except to hook my arc welder up to the computer and crank it up to 225 amps and see how it likes that!

I had loads of problems getting the raw mode mod to work properly, and have (temporarily, probably) reverted to the standard mode.

AFAIR you need to reset the camera to factory defaults when you start, and only capturing with certain codecs at certain shutter speeds works, but not all capture programs can handle it.

In the end I decided I'd be better off just getting a lot more practice at imaging without raw mode as experience probably counts as much as anything, and by the time I've got the hang of things perhaps I'll be able to afford a better camera.

James

James,I am beginning to think along those same lines,which really bothers me.I'm not used to throwing in the towel.I hate to admit defeat but in this case I'm nearly there.

TBH I never considered it throwing in the towel. There's a lot to learn about imaging and experience clearly counts, so I decided it was better to get on with doing some and start learning the ropes even if it resulted in images of marginally lower quality than to spend a lot of time imaging only to end up with unusable data. When I feel I've got to grips with all of the other challenges, *then* I'll go back to looking at raw mode.

James

I understand James,perhaps if I step back for awhile and let the frustrations subside I'd be better off also.Stubborness is a character defect I have yet to prevail over.

Archived