Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finderscope Diagonal?

Hi

I have a Skymax 150 which came with a star diagonal. I'm looking for a diagonal for the finderscope - it's the standard Skywacher 9*50 finderscope

Does anybody know where I can get a diagonal for this?

Unfortunately it's not that simple. :D

You would have to shorten the straight through finder with a hacksaw by the focal length of the diagonal. If you look at the SkyWatcher right angle finder notice how much shorter it is.

John

I've noticed the small eyepiece part unscrews - can this not be replaced by a diagonal one because to buy a new finder is £68.

Sorry but that won't work as it would be impossible to bring to focus as the diagonal would add so much extra length to the light path. So it's either get out the hacksaw and shorten the finder tube by a few inches or buy a new RA finder. :D

That's why I recommended comparing photos of the straight and right angle finders so that you could see the RA finder has a much shorter tube to allow it to focus with a diagonal.

John

Archived