Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ten minutes out of an hour !!!

ZOG

Having been scope starved for what feels like months (I always seem to be at work when the sky clears) I looked out of the door and saw Venus shining brightly. Rushed in, got the scope out, lined up on Venus with the 32mm, centred it, dropped in the 5mm and............where did it go ? A solitary little black cloud had rushed in and covered it. To add insult to injury the cloud decided it liked it there and parked for half an hour. Venus reappeared and I got a nice look at her for 10 minutes :) (about three quarters full) then the clouds rolled in again :D

Oh well time for work again. At least I know the scope still wotks. :)

Well Zog, these sort of frustrations are all part and parcel of this wonderful hobby of ours.

You just have to pack your stuff away, and whistle a happy tune as you do so.

The words to the song I whistle, could not possibly be repeated in print on these pages.

My neighbours know the words very well, and they usually avoid me for a few days.

Keep smiling.

Ron. :) :

ahhh but if you were to take up a new hobby of cloud study you can kill two birds with one stone. Im working nights until the end of March and it has been nice here for the past 3 nights as i can see the sky when i go outside for a fag break. When I get the weekend off i anticipate the nice skys and, yes its cloudy. Until sunday night that is when the skys clear and eerrr yes im off to a night shift.

Archived