NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bought my first pair

While I'm waiting around for the dark nights to come to Orkney I decided to get myself a pair of binoculars - Celestron 15x70 - to add to my kit. Tried them out looking out at the fields near where i live and no complaints, looking forward to the dark nights again.

All I need to do now is get a tripod, this will take the weight of, noticed that they tendto get heavy after a while.:)

Agree with Nexus 6 on the tripod. I tried for a while with a normal camera tripod and with the weight of the bins the tripod becomes so flimsey.

Instead of buying an expensive tripod right away you should take a look at this one that will cost you nothing > Image-Stabilize Your Binoculars! - Do It Yourself - SkyandTelescope.com

Its not really a tripod but it does stabilize the binoculars and allows you to move around much more freely.

Just a thought.

Bino-Frame-pivoting_341.jpg

Something like that will get you bombed! :)

Clear skies (without any military aircraft!)

Mike

Archived