NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Downtime - Sunday 11/03/07

Hi everyone,

Apologies for waiting so long to post this but I've been waiting on an incident report from my isp so I had the full information.

As you know, the site was down all of Sunday and some of Monday morning, sometime Sunday early morning, the server started having some difficulties so it was rebooted it then wouldn't come back online so a technician was dispatched to see what the problem is. It turned out to be a problem with the raid card, normally this is an easy fix, swap the card out and run a disk intergrity check. Unfortunately, the technician accidently swapped the broken card for a card that wasn't an identical model, this caused some corruption with the drives and made a big mess of things.

Luckily, the manufacturers of the raid card sent out technicians who managed to save the data thus fixing the server without any data loss. Thats where we stand now, back with a fully functioning server and no data loss... phew!!

Unfortunately, whilst all this was going on I was in Center Parks and didn't get back until late Sunday night. This is probably good from my point of view because this problem was completely out of my hands so had I been home, I would've just sat here shouting at people!

Anyways, I've heard from my ISP and I accept their reasons, it really was a one in a million human error that should never be repeated.

I'm really sorry to all of you who tried to access the forum, I'm looking at possibly setting up an additional website on a different server to post messages to when Stargazers is down, at least that way people can see whats going on and how long it will take.

In the meantime, fingers crossed the site will carry on running smoothly as it was before.

Many apologies for the downtime,

Grant

Grant

No need to apologise mate !!!

I for one think you (and the rest of the SGL team) do a cracking job running this site.

I can only imagine the work that goes on in the background that i/we don't know about,and when something goes wrong thats out of your control I'm sure we can all live without SGL for a few hours whilst it gets back up and running.

Archived