Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7380 - Wizard Nebula in HST palette

GordonH

Hi

I am off work on annual leave for a couple of weeks or so and it makes a change to have some clear skies to coincide with that even though the hours of darkness are a bit short. This is a narrow band image of NGC7380 in Cepheus which doesn't seem to be a very popular target for some reason. This is the first time I have imaged this in full colour, I had previously done it in Ha with the BRC-250 a couple of years ago. This can be seen on my website Imaging The Heavens - Home Page

It was taken over three nights and is 8x30 minutes each for Ha, OIII and SII which were then mapped to the wavelength ordered palette used by Hubble. It was taken with a FSQ106ED at f5 and Starlight Xpress SXVF H9 on a Paramount ME, auto guiding was by a Lodestar and OAG using dithering.

Processing was levels, curves and colour balancing

A full size cersion can be found at the following link NGC7380 - Wizard Nebula in HST palette photo - Gordon Haynes photos at pbase.com

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877626892_thumb.jpg

Very pretty Gordon, nice one. Bet you are pleased the big summer nebs are coming around again!

Hi Tim

Thanks for the comments, this is my favourite time of year, from May to March as the sky is full of emission nebula during that time

Best wishes

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...

Archived