Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EAGLE NEBULA: 1st attempt

cloudbuster

Hello everyone

i hope that everyone has been able to get some imaging done over the past couple of nights???;););)

the night before last, i tried my hand at photographing both the eagle and trifid nebulas for the first time (i'll upload the trifid later....it's bad....real bad!!!). brilliant they are not!!:(:eek::) nonetheless, achieved with the help of me old mucker james:cool::):cool:

anyway, here's the details:

Failand 29.6.11 1st attempt at imaging the eagle nebula (unguided)

skywatcher 200pds 8"

Canon 40d

CLS light pollution filter

800 asa

35 subs 100 seconds

35 darks 100 seconds

no bias

stacked in DSS

Processed in photoshop elements & photoshop 6

slept over at mate's house, so no sausage sandwich, reggae reggae sauce or beer....grrrrr:mad::):mad:

hope you like

cheers:icon_salut:

bob:);):)

thanks for the comment foundaplanet....and your images will be as good, if not better than mine, if you start off imaging the right way.....which i have found, in a word, is a book called 'making every photon count'.

cheers

bob

That's really nice Bob.

I like seeing the unguided efforts as im about to have my first attempts at this kind of thing myself, just waiting on a nice clear night.

Hi Bob - This really is very good indeed for an unguided image... and especially with it being comparatively so low down in the sky. I'm still hunting for a location where I can get to M16... (Maybe I can bribe you - A sausage sandwich, reggae reggae sauce and a beer or two :)?)

Archived