Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tal 150p with pillar GEQ mount

This is the wrong time to be promoting a telescope as most people won't be looking for one until later in the year when the dark nights return but Tal telescopes can be difficult to source so we would like to bring it to your attention now, while they are available.

The Tal 150p with pillar GEQ mount is one of the nicest Newtonian telescopes available with a premium quality 6-inch parabolic mirror (Tal make excellent mirrors) in a robust cell. Construction is typically Tal - sturdy and functional. If you set one up alongside a Skywatcher you will see what we mean. And the accessories are better than those supplied with Chinese telescopes, the 8x50 finderscope and 25mm Plossl are very nice indeed!

TAL-150P.jpg

Under good conditions this telescope will reveal the Cassini division within Saturn's rings, several of Jupiter's weather bands as well as polar icecaps and dark markings on Mars. Brighter deep sky objects such as the Orion, Ring and Dumbell nebulas and star clusters are excellent targets and lunar craters, mountains, escarpments and rilles can also be clearly observed.

For many starting astronomy the Tal 150p with pillar GEQ mount is the only telescope they would need and will probably last a lifetime.

I have the pillar and motor driven mount for the 6", bought 2nd hand a while back. Built like a tank. Far more solid than the chinese stuff.

I haven't used a 6" TAL. But if the 4.5" I looked through some years back is typical, this is a very good package.

Typical! I did all my research and chose this as my first scope, and of course nobody had stock. Bought myself a little Skywatcher 130P Heritage two weeks ago, and now they've arrived!

Now trying to convince myself that the Tal and the little Dob will compliment each other somehow, then I can attempt to convince the missus. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm considering my first scope - rather attracted by the Tal 150P for what are by all accounts excellent optics, but I think it's maybe too small in aperture for my aims - how would the views compare with a standard Skywatcher 8" dob, particularly on DSOs?

Tom

• 1 month later...

Archived