Stellarium control?

Just got my USB to serial lead and Serial to SkyScan lead. I have loaded the driver, all ok. Connected upto powered scope but what do I do to make it slew? Pressing all the right buttons to no effect! Help please?:hello2:

First of all - does Stellarium recognise that your scope is connected? - If it does, close Stellarium, align your scope, then re open Stellarium - it should then show what the scope is pointing at - Select a destination and press "ctrl 1" on the keyboard and if all is well your scope should follow

Thanks Sim,

have just tried that with no luck. Does the lead connect directly into the goto mount socket or into the aux socket on the hand controller, and if so, do I swith it to PC Direct mode??

It connects into the handset directly - not sure about PC Direct mode - as it was some time ago I set mine up - assuming Stellarium is not seeing the scope, have you set up the configuration settings in the scope control of Stellarium?

Stellarium says its connected ? set up looks ok? Getting a bit tired now, will give it another go tomorrow I think! Thanks for your help, I'll check the thread in the morning! Clear skies

Hi there,

It's been a while since I set my scope to Stellarium so my memory is a bit hazy, but I seem to remember the port setting in Windows for the USB lead has to match the settings within Stellarium.

Hope this helps.

John

A problem I had was that I had to set the Host in the plugin configuration for telescope from "localhost" to 192.xxx.y.zz (i e your computers IP address). Found in Control panel, Network and sharing, View status, Details. I use USB to serial adaptor, Stellarium Scope plus EQMOD and Stellarium so don't know if that is relevant.

Hope you get it sorted out

Neil

Archived