NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Some more Messiers

Ags

Tonight I spotted M11, M16 (I saw the cluster not the nebulosity), M25 and M82. I could not get M82 and M81 in the same field though - they were to faint and i kept losing track of them in the light pollution. I could have found a lot more messiers but unfortunately buidings got in the way.

M11 is very nice but faint, and low down in intense light pollution.

Of course I visited M27, M57 and M13. Attempts at seeing faint nebulae (Veil, NA) failed even with my UHC filter.

Hi

The Eagle Nebula (M16) is pretty hard with any light pollution.

The veil responds best to an O-III filter, and the North American Nebula requires ink black skies and a RFT or bins to see it.

Congrats on your other observations. M11 is a real beauty of an open cluster and M81/M82 gotta be the finest Galaxy pair in the northern sky.

Regards Steve

M11 was great but needed a bit more aperture under my skies. The image that sticks in my mind is M82 - unmistakeable and amazing I could see it at all with my LP.

Archived