Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Lunar Mosaic...kind of.

Dann

Hi guys

On account of the dodgy weather I finally got around to having a go at imaging the moon for the first time, something I had wanted to do since getting my scope a couple of months ago.

Our friend the cloud came in again so I only managed to get 5 panels :D

Hoping for a nice clear night to give me a bit more time next time around.

Any comments for improvement welcome :hello2:

post-26486-133877623952_thumb.jpg

Good first image - you should be proud of that.

Hints? Set the webcam up with the scope aimed at the brightest part of the Moon. This will then be correctly exposed, all the other panes will follow. It is easy to "lighten" a dark frame but impossible to "undo" a frame which has been lost to over-exposure.

Do you have "imerge"? Its freeware and very useful for mosaics. You can open each .avi as you take them (it actually uses the first frame of the .avi) and you can build your mosaic on screen as you work. Makes it easy to see where you have "missed a bit".

Thank you.

Bizi - Thanks for the reminder, I saw imerge demonstrated in an Astronomy Shed tutorial and meant to use it.

Hopefully next time around when im not battling with cloud and myself ill take my time and use it. :hello2:

Archived