Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to miss the short nights of june

davy999

Well, I have had a good few days not spending all evening waiting for darkness to grab 2 hours of imaging.

Problem is it was not through choice, but a hernia operation, so no astronomy for a few weeks at least.

Trouble is it has only been a few days and I am already having withdrawal symptoms, so as soon as the pain dissipates a little I will be back out with the scope at the first opportunity.

It is amazing that I only tend to do any imaging at the weekend but being forced not to do anything astronomy related makes you miss it more and more.

Roll on recovery and I will be back out again under the clear nights of summer (I wish)

Hi Dave - yes you were missed last night at the NLO Friday night session! Don't over-rush with the recovery though otherwise you'll risk complications and even more delays before you are back behind your imaging set-up. Take it easy....

Thanks guys

Spent 5 minutes today on the balcony with pst in hand and managed to hold it steady enough for a glimpse of some nice prominences and sun snakes, then got the shakes and had to sit down again.

Archived