Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can you recomend someone to repair an EQ6 Pro?

Johnboy2011

Hi,

I don't know if this is possible but the casing of my EQ6 has been quite badly scratched during transit by a courier and the screen of the Synscan handset cracked.

Can anyone advise of or recomend somwhere that could carry out repairs? I believe Telescope House may but wondered if there is anywhere else?

Thanks,

John

The handsets are available but are a bit of a rip off. I bought a complete upgrade kit which gives me a spare everything, but I run two commercially. Maybe you could ask the vendor to provide one. If the scratches are cosmetic (the EQ6 is a tough old beast) I wouldn't worry too much. An appropriate discount?

Olly

Olly,

I think that Telescope House will replace just the screen if the rest of the hand set is ok which is very reasonable. As you say a discount for the cosmetic damage is worth discussing. One thing that worries me is if I grip and turn just below the saddle there is the tiniest, and I mean tiniest, amount of play in that axis. That doesn't seem right, as you look you can't even see it but you can feel and hear it, I'm sure you'll tell me yours doesn't do that?!

John

Mine do that. Check out Astro Baby's guide for how to tune the play in the worms.

If you leave a smidgen of play the trick is to run out of balance so that the mesh sits always on the same side. Heavy on the east, that's the thing.

Olly

Archived