Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PI - A couple of questions

First dumb question!

1) I have moved the real time view window in my exuberance and the top of it is now under the top menus, and I can not close it down or move it around the screen as I can't get to the top of it - Driving me mad - How do I get it back?

Second not so dumb question!!

2) I am working with a Ha image, so have done a channel extraction of the red channel. I am looking at curves as I want to play with contrast - How can I select a mask? The normal luminance mask is not available - Do I have to select a different mask when working in only 1 channel?

Hi

Prob no1

You will see when this happens ( top or bottom ) that a scroll bar appears to the right of the screen use this to reach your image/preview

Prob no 2

Create a clone of your image and then you can use this as a mask i.e drag it to the side bar of your image :hello2:

Regards Harry

Hi

Prob no1

You will see when this happens ( top or bottom ) that a scroll bar appears to the right of the screen use this to reach your image/preview

Prob no 2

Create a clone of your image and then you can use this as a mask i.e drag it to the side bar of your image :hello2:

Regards Harry

Isn't he great!

Olly

Harry ....................... help!!!

I'm in PI now and trying to create a clone in order to use it as a mask. I have created a clone, but when I pull it across to the main image, it all goes red and there's no second mask tab - Am I doing something wrong?

What I am trying to do is mask out the background as I am getting some real blotches, I thought is I only played with the nebula and stars that would help - Can you point me in the general direction?

Hi

No you are not doing anthing wrong , the red shows the mask is there and doing its job , there is no new side title bar :hello2:

If you look at the top tool bar you will see some icons to do with the mask i.e things like hide , remove , invert etc :D

I usually hide the mask ( don't forget to remove it when finished) so I can see the result of my alterations

Harry

Cheers Harry - If I use a mask and make it darker via hist trans, when I use it, will it save my background of the image I am processing? I seem to think from tutorials that this should be the case, but it's not happening - Again, I think maybe I'm being a bit daft.

Archived