Skymaps 11

My 2nd question of the day.........

Is anyone out there using this? I have downloaded the demo version of it and have been working through the tutorial during my lunch breaks and I have to say it looks very impressive and I may have to make a purchase. My only question/concern with it is that you dont seem to be able to save your maps in any format other than the skymap format. Does anyone know if it is possible to save them in a different file format such as .pdf so I can store them on a stick drive and open them on any computer? Or if its possible to convert the file format? Another advantage of this is being able to upload maps to a site. Im sure I have opened pdf files before on the net that have been maps made with skymaps. Any advice appreciated

Hi nova.

I use Skymap pro 11. Basically it was recommended for my AWR/D6 mount combo by the previous owner.

I only use it as a star chart & data source.

But there is a yahoo group.

skymap : A general discussion list for all users of the Windows star charting and planetarium program "SkyMap Pro".

For printing. You can install a PDF printer driver on the computer. It looks (to applications) just like another printer. Just google PDF995 and you will find it. You buy the full blown version for $9.95, or like tight fisted me, use the free version and put up with the adverts!

Hope this is useful.

David.

There are quite a few free pdf printer drivers that are ad free such as Cute PDF Writer and the one that I'm currently using from Bullzip

Most of them also require the free GNU Ghostscript installed aswell.

Have you tried Cartes du Ciel, i've owned the older version skymap 7, and there quite similar plus Cartes du Ciel is freeware. Try it first if you've not already, the only difference is the layout is slightly different .

Have you tried Cartes du Ciel, i've owned the older version skymap 7, and there quite similar plus Cartes du Ciel is freeware. Try it first if you've not already, the only difference is the layout is slightly different .

I agrre with Si, try Cartes du Ciel; it's excellent! Better than Stellarium IMO :hello2:

thats one ive not heard of before. this forum is great! will give cartes du ciel a go before i splash out on skymaps. cheers guys!

Archived