Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to do eyepiece projection.

I'm not sure how it's done. I have a dslr and a telescope and a few eyepieces. I have read a little about eyepiece projection. If I understood what I have read, I need some sort of adapter (a tube) that connects the focuser to the dslr. Inside the tube I'd have to fit the eyepiece backwards. I have five eps, one 2inch and four 1.25inch. Even if I were to use the 1.25inch ones, they are very different in size, and only have a thread on one side. I can't imagine how it's set up, and I'm afraid of buying any adapter and find out it's not what I need. I mean, the adapter has to be big, as many forum member talk about putting barlow lenses inside it too!

Could someone please tell me all the pieces and adapters I would need to do eyepiece projection? Thanks.

Thank you. Yes, I have already seen that quick guide. But that tube doesn't seem to fit my eps, it looks a wee bit narrow.

Lumicon 1.25" Eyepiece Projection Camera Adapter

Omegon Camera adapter 1.25"

I'm not sure these would fit either. If my eps were to fit in these adaptor they'd have to be squeezed in. Is that alright? Is it possible my eps are fatter than usual?;)

Would the adaptors work with these eps?

First Light Optics - Skywatcher ExtraFlat 1.25" eyepieces

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Nirvana UWA 82-degree FOV

Reading left to right - the third photo accross is a universal adaptor that takes most any eye piece/camera combo. There's no screw on rings - just take the lens off the camera and press it lightly up to the rubber cup on the eye piece. It is a bit weighty though so a strong focuser is adviseable - sorry I'm not familiar with the MN190 - maybe someone can help with that one. Beware the adaptors come in 1.25" and 2" sizes ;)

Thanks again. I think that's the option I like most, it's the weight that worries me.

I'll give it a go and see what happens, and I'll tell you what happens, whatever happens. It'll have to be next week though.

BTW, the videos on Astronomy and Nature are pretty good.

Cheers.

Archived