Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Autoguider is finally here

Hey everyone,

After about a month of waiting, I have my hands on Orion's Starshoot autoguider and new 50mm finderscope. I'm going to tinker with it during the day to get an idea of how it works. I'm just wondering if there are any tips for a first time autoguider. Any objects that would be good to start with (m51 maybe) and if there are any issues I should prepare for. Any advice would be appreciated, I'm grateful for all the info everyone has given me already. Also, I know this finderscope is realtively new and I'll give a review in the future. Thanks again

Hey guys,

Sadly it does not have ASCOM compatablility. It runs via USB and seems fine so far using PHD running through a Celestron CG5. Just recently learning about ASCOM I am a little surprised it doesnt support it. I thought it would be good business to support as many mounts as possible using a universal driver.

Archived