Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Rolling Stones Nebula

Tom How

I've always felt the Heart Nebula missed its calling in life - it should be called The Rolling Stones Nebula.

This is an uncompleted project from last year that probably isn't going to get finished this year, so I've decided to tidy it up and present it.

Total integration time 18.5 hours. A downsided 1024 version is shown on this post. Full details and the full resolution version here

Astronomy, Astrophotography and Telescope Blog » Heart and Soul Nebula - IC1805 and IC1848 in Hydrogen Alpha

post-20774-133877621661_thumb.jpg

Nice and deep Tom,

£5 lens looks a very good buy, manual focus or do you have some ingenious diy gizmo?

Darren

In my observatory we try to do everything with ingenious DIY gizmos if possible ;)

Astronomy, Astrophotography and Telescope Blog » Narrowband SLR camera lens imaging setup with CCD camera.

Besides, I can't blumming focus manually for toffee. I still think a bahtinov mask is something you wear to a Russian masquerade ball.

Archived