NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Obs Roof looking dull. :(

My Obs is the Pulsar mk1 version , and the roof is starting to look very dull and sad for itself despite cleaning , polishing & waxing ! ( cant believe i waxed it ).

Has anyone any experience of getting the shine back onto Fibreglass ?

I've looked on the net but i'm not sure what chemicals and so on to look for :)

When i bought the obs about 8 years ago it was second hand from a guy in Scotland and i took a chance and went up in a wagon to collect. The top was a bit green but it cleaned up like new with just elbow grease and a good quality boat compound and polish. Seem to have now rubbed the surface away ?

Rob.

Thanks to all for replies.

Earl , thanks for the link , i'll give it a go . Looks like i've had the right idea but not sealed the surface with anything other than Wax which is the wrong thing for fibreglass.

Thanks again , Rob.:)

There is a compound that is used on fibre glass boats that you apply with a mechanical buffer which works well. Having worked at Princess Yachts i have have spent a while polishing them. if you live some where near a boat manufacturer you could check that out maybe.

Archived