Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Observation Report 16th June

Space Oddity6

So I've been home from university for nearly 2 weeks now and have been literally swamped with dissertation work and earmarked tonight to finally get out and do some observing. Have been keeping an eye on the weather all day, nervously watching the horizons for impending showers and as luck would have it the wet stuffs stayed away all day.

Been getting more excited as the day progressed, planning to wander out around 10ish, set up my scope and lie back to watch the sky waiting until it gets dark enough. I'd then have a hugely successful night observing some galaxies I haven't yet seen before rounding off with a gander at Saturn and sauntering indoors contented with my place in the universe.

At 9.45pm all was looking good outside and I was just checking the locations of M51 and M5 just to be sure.

At 9.50pm I got up to go out and lo and behold the clouds had rolled in and it was sheeting with rain!!!:)

AHHHHHHH I had more luck in the winter!!:)

Just need to vent, soooo frustrating.

Sorry to hear that Space Oddity6.:)

I feel your frustration!! I've been on a weeks' holiday, and last night was my first opportunity to get out there. Fortunately, the clouds cleared for me to have a great moon observing session...

Hang in there!! You'll get there!! :)

Wishing you clear skies,

Vicky.

Archived