Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece help for SW200pds

drumsolo

Hi all,

Hoping someone can advise me on the highest mag eyepiece I can get for my SW200pds. I currently have a set of eyepieces with 9mm being the highest mag.

I'm also interested in buying some better quality eyepieces and a better barlow, can anyone make some recommendations. Not looking to spend hundreds on an eyepiece but around between £50 and £100 if it will make a huge difference to the Revelation eye piece set I recently bought from Telescope house?

Hi

It depends on the seeing conditions where you live really. Many brits seem to be limited to 200x judging by the posts here.

So if your scope is a 200/1000 then you need something around 5 mm to reach 200x. I don't know how experienced you are with eyepieces in general but please note that plossls and orthoscopics have very small eyerelief in such short focal lenghts.

The Revelation set seems to be very well regarded here so if you want something that really makes a difference then I suggest looking for something with a wider field. I have recently bought a Meade SWA and the 68* really look impressive.

Regards

:)

Archived